- 16 full size tomatoes, or nearly a produce bag full of roma tomatoes (we used roma)
- 2-3 yellow onions
- 20-25 Serrano peppers (remove caps) Note: this many peppers makes it hot. Feel free to reduce number of peppers, or scrape the seeds and membranes out of them
- 8-10 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 Tbsp salt
- 1-2 bunches cilantro
Halve the tomatoes and onions and lay cut-side up on a cookie sheet along with the peppers and garlic
- Roast at 375 till the onions look nice and translucent, tomatoes look soft, and peppers are getting a nice char on them
- Let it all cool a bit, then run through the food processor with salt and cilantro (we had to do this in two batches)
- Stir it all together and eat with abandon. Trust me.
Thank to OneParticularRecipe for providing this wonderful recipe!
For more of my favorite recipes check out my collection on Foodgawker.