Chocolate Coconut Energy Bars via Wellness Mama
"I love the convenience of energy bars, but I don’t love the ingredients in most of them! I’ve made date and nut based energy bars and chia seed energy bars ( a favorite at our house), but I’ve been experimenting with a recipe that would be largely coconut based, nut free and a healthy alternative to sugary snacks when my kids are around other kids.
These have been a big hit! The only downside is that they have to be refrigerated to keep their firmness, but taste-wise, they are wonderful! Do you ever make snack bars at home? What’s your favorite recipe?"
Photo: Katie / Wellness Mama
- ½ cup Cocoa Butter (28-30 wafers)
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup (or more to taste) honey
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder
- 1-1/5 cups Shredded Coconut
- ½ cup Chia Seeds (optional, can use extra Shredded Coconut instead)
- vanilla to taste (optional)
- Stevia tincture for extra sweetness (optional, to taste)
- Melt the cocoa butter in a small pan over low heat.
- Add coconut oil and melt.
- Add honey and stir well.
- Stir in cocoa powder.
- Stir in chia seeds (optional) and/or Shredded Coconut.
- Add vanilla, stevia tincture or other flavors to taste (optional).
- Pour into a parchment paper lined 9×13 baking dish and refrigerate for 1 hour or until hardened (can also freeze).
- Cut into squares/bars and enjoy!