In Episode #151 Ari brings the host of Hotel Impossible – Anthony Melchiorri – onto the podcast for an interview that explains how on Earth it is possible for one man to turn a hotel from a loser into a winner in just four days!
Watch Ari bring the lessons of Less Doing to some of Europe’s most famous cities including Barcelona, Munich, Amsterdam and Budapest for the 2015 European Growth Summit. Ari will be joined by fellow masters of entrepreneurship Steve Martin, Director of Influence at Work in the UK, and Verne Harnish, founder and CEO of Gazelles.
On June 18th, join Ari at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel in b-e-a-utiful Vancouver, B.C. as he takes the microphone for EO Vancouver. Enjoy this unique opportunity to watch Ari candidly discuss life as an Author, Speaker, Teacher and – most importantly – Achievement Architect.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 02:59 – Introduction of Anthony Melchiorri of Hotel Impossible
- 03:38 – Defining what Hotel Impossible is
- 03:55 – How the show came about
- 05:15 – Why Anthony is concerned about the next generation of hoteliers
- 05:48 – How Anthony knew he could turn around a hotel in 4 days?—He was told to turn in around in 4 days
- 07:20 – With only 4 days to flip a hotel, efficiency with thinking is key
- 08:44 – Anthony starts every hotel by thinking about the guest…if the guest has a bad experience, your hotel is condemned to death
- 10:00 – The bottom line isn’t the important factor—hotels that overly focus on the bottom line will drive their customers away
- 11:07 – Everyone should be nicer to everyone based on the principle of “vulnerability of the guest”
- 12:38 – Anthony has to combat overpowering fear
- 14:18 – The best stress management technique is to have fun
- 14:30 – Anthony’s Top 3 Tips to be More Effective:
- 14:45 – Tell the truth
- 15:13 – Exercise and eat right
- 15:45 – If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room
- 16:16 – AnthonyMelchiorri.com
3 Key Points:
- Sometimes you just have to go with it—When you accept that, you can do the impossible.
- In any hospitality business, do not overly focus on the bottom line.
- Practice “vulnerability of the guest” in your daily life and be nicer to people.
© 2016 Less Doing All rights reserved