In Episode #158 Ari brings “part business strategist, part marketing maven and part spiritual ass-kicker”, Marie Forleo of MarieTV on to the Less Doing Podcast. During this energetic interview, Marie talks about her Jersey roots, Italian heritage and building a multimillion dollar brand from scratch.
Watch Ari bring the lessons of Less Doing to some of Europe’s most famous cities including Barcelona, Munich, Amsterdam and Budapest for the 2015 European Growth Summit. Ari will be joined by fellow masters of entrepreneurship Steve Martin, Director of Influence at Work in the UK, and Verne Harnish, founder and CEO of Gazelles. For the most up-to-date information on the Growth Summit, check out Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn!
On June 18th, join Ari at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel in b-e-a-utiful Vancouver, B.C. as he takes the microphone for EO Vancouver. Enjoy this unique opportunity to watch Ari candidly discuss life as an Author, Speaker, Teacher and – most importantly – Achievement Architect.
Join Ari at one of the Entrepreneur Organization’s high-impact learning events in Victoria, B.C. Like EO Vancouver, this will undoubtedly be a unique opportunity to watch Ari candidly discuss life as an Author, Speaker, Teacher and – most importantly – Achievement Architect.
Come watch Ari light-up the Drake Hotel in Chicago on Wednesday, August 5th as he delivers a rousing keynote speech for IPPA Business Excellence Conference: Fuel the Fire. This will be a great opportunity to watch Ari translate the lessons of Less Doing into terms business leaders can take to the bank.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 08:59 – Introduction of Marie Forleo, creator of Marie TV
- 09:23 – Marie got her start as a 23 year-old life coach and fitness video instructor
- 10:20 – The conventional wisdom that you have to choose one thing to “be” as an adult is wrong
- 13:30 – Ari used to teach a cardio class at his wife’s yoga studio
- 14:00 – If you don’t know how to laugh…learn how
- 15:05 – Many of us can be our own worst enemy
- 16:41 – The process of creation is NOT easy
- 17:05 – The act of creation is fun
- 17:43 – Make sure you’re doing at least a portion of your work for YOU
- 18:30 – When starting a business, profitability takes time to achieve
- 20:45 – There’s traditionally a lack of soulfulness in business training/teaching
- 22:38 – At her core, Marie is a natural teacher and student
- 23:55 – The more we can get into our bodies and avoid living from the neck up, the more creative and successful we can be
- 24:33 – Marie’s daily routine
- 25:05 – 10 minutes of meditation in the morning is a MUST
- 25:48 – Schedules and routines are great, but they need to be flexible
- 26:17 – Ride the rhythm of life
- 27:14 – Marie writes every single day, but not in a ritualistic way
- 29:55 – Learn how to shut out the distractions and just get your work DONE
- 30:33 – Marie’s dietary direction?—lots of water and lots of plants with dustings of dairy, carbs and alcohol
- 34:00 – Marie’s Top 3 Tips to be More Effective
- 34:12 – Recognize that priorities equate to prosperity
- 34:45 – Before ending your workday, outline tomorrow
- 35:02 – Get better at saying “no”
7 Key Points:
- Ride the rhythm of life—don’t be excessively rigid in your routines or habits.
- Saying “no” to people is an invaluable life-skill—learn how to do it.
- The process of creation is not easy but it is fun.
- Reaching a state of profitability in business takes time and commitment.
- Being a good teacher means being a good student.
- We spend too much time living life from the neck up.
- Make sure you’re doing your work for YOU.
- Lily Camera – New – very cool – automated drone camera
- Complete.li – Think of it as auto-complete for Gmail
- Ringr – iPhone and Android app that allows for seamless call recording
- 33Vincent – Virtual Assistant service
- IntroBar – Custom introductions to your website
- Heyo – Allows users to make purchases through Facebook
- Proonto – Video, audio and chat support for your website
Check out this episode!