Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes
Also Check out Ari's book "Less Doing, More Living"
Get More Great Content and Full Show Notes at lessdoing.com
In Episode #105 chats withTripp Laniermen’s coach and creator ofThe New Man Podcast.During their conversation, Tripp and Ari discuss the common pitfalls facing the average man, our unhealthy willingness to “tolerate,” and the unbelievable power of “no”.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 19:48 – Ari introduces his guest, Tripp Lanier
- 20:42 – How Tripp became a men’s coach
- 21:49 – Having conversations that change people’s lives is at the core of everything Tripp does
- 23:00 – Continue to learn and continue to be coached
- 23:50 – Why specifically a men’s coach, as opposed to being a women’s coach as well?
- 25:00 – The two men Tripp deals with most:
- 25:18 – Men that have found success but not happiness
- 26:12 – Men that have relationship questions and concerns
- 28:00 – Many problems or issues are simply rooted in communication
- 28:20 – How much of your world dedicated to pleasing other people, to not letting them down?
- 29:00 – Where are youtoleratingthings?
- 29:18 – Are you engaging in relationships out of fear a fear based placed or because it’s actually important?
- 29:40 – People are too afraid that their relationships can’t survive healthy conflict
- 31:00 – What is the main fear in the average man?
- 32:10 – Men usually set up their lives to avoid conflict
- 32:30 – Listening to language is the key to getting someone to avoid their fear of conflict
- 34:09 – Do men feel overwhelmed purely out of fear, or are there other aspects at play?
- 34:35 – Defeating the feeling of being overwhelmed is impossible if a man is making himself out to be the victim or looking to play the “blame game”
- 35:30 – Men want to feelfree
- 36:14 – A willingness to say “no” and endure temporary discomfort are key to finding what we truly want
- 37:18 – A man should not spend his life trying to carry 11 gallons of water in a 10 gallon bucket
- 37:29 – What Tripp tries to improve about himself
- 37:43 – Struggles to restrain himself from the “need to be doing more” feeling
- 39:00 – What can I do to make myself feel morefreetoday?
- 39:45 – The time isnow; How can I create my day in the service ofnow
- 40:05 – The irony is in that today’s world of instant gratification, people will seek out everythingexceptthat which theyreallywant
- 40:15 – It’s scary to have a blank canvas…it’s a lot easier to do what we are told
- 41:05 – Tripp’s morning routine
- 41:30 – The importance ofrememberingwho you are and what you have done
- 42:13 – Don’t get distracted by the shiny thing
- 42:50 – What Tripp offers in the way off services
- 44:28 – What are yourTop 3 Personal Tips for Being More Effective?
- 44:49 – Have fun
- 44:51 – Know what you want
- 44:53 – Say “no”
- 45:09 – The power of “no” is one of the most difficult things to master because we are soafraidof the conflict it may invite
- 45:49 –TheNewManLife.com
7 Key Points:
- Continue to learn and continue to be coached.
- Men are frequently setting up their lives to avoid conflict at all costs...this is a mistake.
- Every man needs to identify where he is simply tolerating things.
- Dedicating oneself to the service ofnowis key to achieving happiness and peace.
- Do not get distracted by the “shiny thing”, stay on-course
- Be willing to say “no” and endure the temporary discomfort that comes with it.
- Knowing when to say “no” is the most powerful resource we have.
- Crohn’s and Colitis Week– The first week of December is annual Crohn’s and Colitis awareness week in the United States
- Talkase– An iPhone 6 case with a slim, mini GSM mobile phone built into the case to act as a back-up phone
- Skype Translator– A real-time translator application for use with Skype
- Skype TX– Skype for professional broadcasters
- Blue Light Blocker– Blue light (the kind from iPhones, Kindle’s, etc) can drastically impact sleep patterns, this product is designed to help block that light
- Dream Generator– A mobile app designed to influence your dreams
- Point by Form– A less intrusive take on home security, a devise that operates on sound rather than video
- LegalHero.com–A lawyer you can trust at a price you can love
- LaunchBar–An adaptive app launcher and document browser. Access applications, documents, bookmarks; and more by typing short abbreviations.
- Mad World Article– Nearly every mass shooting has one thing in common, and it’s not weapons…
- Cooking at Home Study– Cooking at home is healthier than eating out
- Blue Apron– A service that delivers ingredients by mail for creative, home-cooked meals