In Episode #126 Ari speaks with extreme athlete and entrepreneur Peter Sage. During the podcast, Peter shares a number of things with Ari including his plans for 2015, his historical sources of inspiration and what he feels are the traits within each of us that ultimately lead to success.
The Less Doing LIVE Event in NYC is less than six months away! The best minds in business and productivity are joining Ari in his hometown of New York City to share their tips, strategies and secrets for success. Visit LessDoingLive.com to learn more about this fantastic opportunity running from May 1st – 3rd.
Join Ari Meisel, the master of “Optimize, Outsource and Automate,” as he conducts two exclusive seminars in the heart of New York City on March 9th, 2015. During this seminar, Ari explains how the Less Doing System recaptures time, slashes stress and enriches lives. Best of all, these sessions are 100% free. To register, go to Eventbrite now!
Looking for an opportunity to see Ari speak live somewhere on the west coast?—Look no further! On April 29th and 30th, Ari will be featured at the Mastermind Talks event in Napa, California. To learn more about this opportunity to watch Ari “Optimize, Outsource and Automate” in wine country, click here.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 23:10 – Introduction of Peter Sage
- 23:30 – Peter Sage shares his background
- 24:59 – The Danger Sports Club
- 26:05 – Peter’s first running experience was the completion of a half marathon in training for the London Marathon
- 28:07 – The Sahara Marathon
- 32:23 – How you play at anything is how you play at everything
- 33:05 – The lessons of the Sahara Marathon
- 34:20 – The breaking point
- 35:48 – The breaking point is where we get the biggest lessons in life
- 37:35 – Ego is not good enough…inspiration is what you need
- 38:13 – Ego forces you to go to gym at 5:30AM, inspiration compels you to go to the gym
- 39:10 – Everyone is born good enough, no one needs to prove it
- 40:50 – Becoming a marksman
- 41:45 – Poise—If you can have a certain level of physical and mental self-control, then you have the foundation to learn and do anything
- 44:20 – Peter talks about what he’s excited about in 2015
- 44:42 – Dedicate his entire focus on helping people and sharing his message
- 45:43 – We have a thinking center and we have a feeling center; most people’s minds are run by their thinking center
- 45:49 – The mind is a great tool, a great servant but a lousy master
- 46:15 – Understand the importance of the feeling center and the ability to recognize what feels good versus what doesn’t
- 47:20 – There are two ways to engage with life:
- 47:25 – Same old same old
- 48:14 – Live inspired
- 48:55 – Peter’s Top 3 Tips for Being More Effective:
- 49:12 – Take control of your mind, learn how to concentrate
- 50:36 – Whatever you can automate in your life; automate
- 51:26 – Surround yourself with an environment that supports what you want; set yourself up to win
7 Key Points:
- How you do, think, approach anything is how you do so with everything.
- Inspiration is better than ego as a source of motivation.
- People are born good enough, they just need to realize it and appreciate it.
- Acquisition of mental and physical control is the best possible foundation for future achievement.
- The mind is a great tool, but not a great master.
- Pay attention to what feels good versus what doesn’t.
- To find success, find a source of inspiration and a supportive environment first.
- Get Things Done – An article form MakeUseOf.com highlighting the 10 best videos for boosting productivity
- Peak – A “brain training app designed for the mobile” individual
- oDrive – A service that puts a folder on your computer in which you can access various cloud services—Dropbox on steriods
- UserBrain – Service-based tool designed to test website usability
- Open Food Facts – A database for looking up food ingredients
- Alibi – An Android-only app that runs discretely in the background recording the last hour of your life
- GittAsk – Pre-vetted and qualified developers for on-demand outsourcing work
- Space Jam – The original Space Jam website from 1996…because it’s awesome