Episode 128 Summary: In Episode #128 Ari shares the podcast with Jesse Lawler of Smart Drug Smarts, the podcast that helps people witch on their brains and switch off the pollutants contaminating them. During their conversation, Ari and Jesse talk new nootropics, brain-strengthening strategy and recount some of their favorite episodes from the Smart Drug Smarts podcast.
On March 13th and 14th, watch Ari Meisel bring his expertise to the stage in a setting unlike any other: Fort Benning, Georgia home of the United States Army’s Airbore and Ranger schools. Ari will be joining a collection of legendary business leaders and exciting entrepreneurs to help demonstrate the right way to start a business.
The Less Doing LIVE Event in NYC is less than six months away! The best minds in business and productivity are joining Ari in his hometown of New York City to share their tips, strategies and secrets for success. Visit LessDoingLive.com to learn more about this fantastic opportunity running from May 1st – 3rd.
Join Ari Meisel, the master of “Optimize, Outsource and Automate,” as he conducts two exclusive seminars in the heart of New York City on March 9th, 2015. During this seminar, Ari explains how the Less Doing System recaptures time, slashes stress and enriches lives. Best of all, these sessions are 100% free. To register, go to Eventbrite now!
Looking for an opportunity to see Ari speak live somewhere on the west coast?—Look no further! On April 29th and 30th, Ari will be featured at the Mastermind Talks event in Napa, California. To learn more about this opportunity to watch Ari “Optimize, Outsource and Automate” in wine country, click here.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 20:13 – Introduction of Jesse Lawler from Smart Drug Smarts, a podcast about all-things designed to make you smarter
- 21:23 – How the Smart Drug Smarts podcast got started
- 23:30 – The first and second fish episodes
- 26:00 – Jesse talks about some of the nootropics he’s tried and those he feels are most effective
- 27:05 – Nicotine (via a nicotine patch) is something Jesse likes to enjoy
- 27:40 – GABA, commonly believed to be one of the calming neruo-transmitters, can actually have a stimulating effect on the brain
- 28:40 – CogniTea
- 29:08 – Features 20+ ingredients, a cocktail of good things for the brain
- 29:43 – Different strokes for different folks
- 30:55 – Adderol and creativity, specifically, Adderol kills creativity
- 31:50 – Jesse will try Adderol to at least gain a basis for comparison
- 32:55 – Jesse outlines some of the other nootropics he wants to try
- 33:03 – Rhodiola rosea
- 35:28 – EFT; acupuncture without the needles
- 36:10 – The original idea behind Jesse’s podcast was to get people to share Jesse’s curiosity
- 36:50 – Ari relates via his Nathan Whitmore interview
- 39:15 – Technologies and nootropics Jesse is excited to find out about
- 41:10 – Spark by Dr. John Ratey
- 41:35 – Your brain is never more ready to do high-level processing than that 4-5 hour block just after an extremely hard workout.
- 41:54 – The more blood is pumping, the harder your heart is working, the more switched-on your brain will be post-activity
- 43:00 – The stereotype of “dumb jock” could not be further from the truth.
- 43:40 – Jesse’s Top 3 Personal Tips for Being More Effective
- 43:56 – Take a lot of stock in what your closest friends say about your strengths and weaknesses
- 44:48 – Don’t try to do too many things in too many different directions; it will burn you
- 45:22 – Keep a healthy diet and remove as many toxins as possible from your body
- 46:27 – SmartDrugSmarts.com
7 Key Points:
- Nicotine (via a patch and taken in moderation) is not necessarily something that needs to be avoided.
- GABA does not always have a calming effect.
- Although Adderol can have a hyper-focusing effect on the brain, it is commonly believed to “kill” creativity.
- Be willing to try nootropics if only to gain a basis of comparison.
- 4-5 hours post intense-workout are when your brain will be at its most functional.
- Don’t forsake your focus.
- Take stock in what your closest family and friends say your strengths are.
- Dave Rael – Member of the Less Doing Mastermind
- RandomRun App – Stop running in the same old circles, an app designed to provide randomized running routes
- Probs.IO – Post a problem and invite others to help you solve it
- WhatSIM.com – Unlimited chatting on any messaging platform, works on over 400 mobile operators in 150 countries
- uHealth – Eye-tracking brain-training software
- The Perils of Time-Tracking – An article in Fast Company that features an interview with Ari
- Pomodoro – Time-management training and strategy
- Music and Audio Editing provided by Felix Bird
- Show Notes provided by