In Episode #129 Ari shares the podcast with Chris Kelly of Nourish, Balance, Thrive. During their conversation, Chris talks to Ari about his personal battles with intestinal inflammation and how his troubles led him on a remarkable journey that ultimately culminated with the foundation of Nourish, Balance, Thrive.
Watch Ari bring the lessons of Less Doing to Barcelona, Spain for the 2015 European Growth Summit. Ari will be joined by fellow masters of entrepreneurship Steve Martin, Director of Influence at Work in the UK, and Verne Harnish, founder and CEO of Gazelles.
On March 13th and 14th, watch Ari Meisel bring his expertise to the stage in a setting unlike any other: Fort Benning, Georgia home of the United States Army’s Airborne and Ranger schools. Ari will be joining a collection of legendary business leaders and exciting entrepreneurs to help demonstrate the right way to start a business.
The Less Doing LIVE Event in NYC is less than six months away! The best minds in business and productivity are joining Ari in his hometown of New York City to share their tips, strategies and secrets for success. Visit LessDoingLive.com to learn more about this fantastic opportunity running from May 1st – 3rd.
Join Ari Meisel, the master of “Optimize, Outsource and Automate,” as he conducts two exclusive seminars in the heart of New York City on March 9th, 2015. During this seminar, Ari explains how the Less Doing System recaptures time, slashes stress and enriches lives. Best of all, these sessions are 100% free. To register, go to Eventbrite now!
Looking for an opportunity to see Ari speak live somewhere on the west coast?—Look no further! On April 29th and 30th, Ari will be featured at the Mastermind Talks event in Napa, California. To learn more about this opportunity to watch Ari “Optimize, Outsource and Automate” in wine country, click here.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 18:10 – Introduction of Chris Kelly of Nourish, Balance, Thrive
- 18:44 – Chris’ background with NBT and his own personal health
- 19:08 – Stress coupled with incorrect dietary habits is a BIG no-no
- 20:55 – Chris nearly had to take a colonoscopy, which motivated him to find a whole new diet that naturally reduced his intestinal inflammation
- 24:00 – Functional medicine looks at the underlying root causes rather than just the symptoms
- 25:50 – People with compromised immune systems are more susceptible to picking up bugs
- 27:20 – Chris’ misfortune working with traditional medical systems led him to the business idea behind NBT
- 28:50 – Some of Chris’ other methodologies
- 29:59 – High cortisol levels are the enemy
- 31:18 – The higher the cortisol, the higher the energy, the higher the energy, the more difficult it is for your body to sleep and rest
- 31:50 – Exercise, either too much or too little, can be detrimental
- 33:19 – Every time Ari tapered his training to “rest”, he would get sick
- 34:40 – Lab testing can reveal the hidden stress
- 35:25 – Organic Acid Testing
- 37:00 – Can guide you to make diet and lifestyle changes to dramatically improve day-to-day life
- 37:15 – Common supplements that people are deficient in…
- 38:50 –The best way for Chris to help as many people as possible?—Not open a brick and mortar operation, but a virtual one
- 40:20 – Stool testing is great at revealing underlying physical problems
- 42:28 – Chris’ Top 3 Tips for being More Effective:
- 42:50 – Listen to the Less Doing podcast
- 43:30 – Break the big problem down into little problems
- 44:10 – Make time to implement dietary and lifestyle improvements
- 46:05 – NourishBalanceThrive.com
7 Key Points:
- Stress and poor dietary habit are two of the biggest root causes behind ailing health.
- Look at the underlying root causes of your medical issues, not just the symptoms, and address them.
- High cortisol levels are disastrous for your health.
- Take an organic acid test to get some insight on your personal health.
- Consider stool testing as a real way to fully understand your gut health.
- Break large problems into smaller, more manageable ones.
- Do no put off improving your health; the sooner you take action, the happier you will be.
- Organic Acids Test – A test recommended by Chris Kelly
- Try Tailor – Automatic screenshot stitching
- PplKpr – A new app that interacts with a heart rate monitor to judge your reactions to different people
- PoweredByRoss – Artificial Intelligence for lawyers
- How Much to Make an App – A website designed to help app engineers properly price their new apps
- Luna – A sleep tracker for two people that’s built into your mattress cover
- Peanut Allergy Research – An article from The Guardian discussing a potential cure for the common peanut allergy