In Episode #144 Ari sits down to speak with Shannon Waller of Strategic Coach. During their lengthy conversation, Shannon and Ari talk about unique abilities; how they can be identified, implemented and continually developed.
Watch Ari bring the lessons of Less Doing to some of Europe’s most famous cities including Barcelona, Munich, Amsterdam and Budapest for the 2015 European Growth Summit. Ari will be joined by fellow masters of entrepreneurship Steve Martin, Director of Influence at Work in the UK, and Verne Harnish, founder and CEO of Gazelles.
On June 18th, join Ari at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel in b-e-a-utiful Vancouver, B.C. as he takes the microphone for EO Vancouver. Enjoy this unique opportunity to watch Ari candidly discuss life as an Author, Speaker, Teacher and – most importantly – Achievement Architect.
Want to get access to the FREE Less Doing Ringtone? Click here to Tweet about our live event and get instant access to the ringtone created by our very own Fantastic Felix!
The Less Doing LIVE Event in NYC is less than six months away! The best minds in business and productivity are joining Ari in his hometown of New York City to share their tips, strategies and secrets for success. Visit LessDoingLive.com to learn more about this fantastic opportunity running from May 1st – 3rd.
Looking for an opportunity to see Ari speak live somewhere on the west coast?—Look no further! On April 29th and 30th, Ari will be featured at the Mastermind Talks event in Napa, California. To learn more about this opportunity to watch Ari “Optimize, Outsource and Automate” in wine country, click here.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 15:35 – Introduction of Shannon Waller of Strategic Coach
- 15:55 – Defining Shannon’s 3 passions
- 16:35 – Teamwork
- 16:45 – Effectiveness
- 17:25 – Strategy
- 17:45 – Shannon talks about Dan Sullivan and Strategic Coach
- 18:05 – The Ceiling of Complexity
- 19:20 – Don’t tell people how to do things, provide them with a system so they can use their own strengths to forge the future
- 21:20 – Tune into what is essential
- 22:25 – The differences between DISC and KOLBE profiles
- 25:23 – Unique Abilities are things you have a passion for, do better than most, are constantly trying to improve and find energizing
- 26:30 – Where do you get to be the hero?
- 26:49 – Find the right audience for your unique abilities
- 30:15 – Protecting unique abilities versus leveraging them
- 30:49 – Surround yourself with people who complement your skills
- 35:30 – Finding quality team members is a real challenge for a lot of people
- 36:10 – The process of FINDING unique ability
- 39:33 – Shannon’s Top 3 Things to be More Effective:
- 39:46 – Figure out your unique ability and do it
- 39:50 – Surround yourself with people who love to do what you don’t—forge a partnership
- 40:03 – Bring your heart to what you do
7 Key Points:
- Teamwork, Effectiveness and Strategy are markers for success.
- Unique abilities are meaningless without an audience that can appreciate your possession of said abilities.
- Discover what is essential in your life and never let go of it.
- Finding success is far more challenging if you’re unwilling to surround yourself with complementary persons
- Integrate your heart, your head and your guts.
- Find where you get to be the hero and stay there.
- The best way to “protect” your unique abilities is by leveraging them as much as possible.
- Crystal Knows – A program that helps people determine the best possible tone, style, etc. to write emails depending upon the recipient
- Assistants and CEOs – An inside look at the secret club of high-profile CEO assistants
- GI Tract and the 2nd Brain – How your “gut feeling” basically acts as a second braing
- Urban Walks – A NYC-specific app that does pre-determined walking tours of NYC
- Spreed – A chrome plug-in that will show you one word at a time at any speed you want
- World’s Fastest Workout – A 4-minute, redline workout
- Upbeat Emotions – An NYTimes Wellness Blog talking about the benefits for being awe-inspired
- MyHealthPal – A new health app designed to help people take control of their medical conditions
- Titanium Bottle Opener – A Kickstarter campaign for the smallest bottle opener on the market, made from 100% titanium
- Hey Woax – An IndieGoGo campaign for an earpiece with AI