In Episode #145 Ari speaks with Dr. Isaac Jones of Designer Health Centers to talk about wellness and the arrival of functional digital health. During their conversation, Ari asks Dr. Jones about lifestyle choices, making the most out of a diet, supplement essentials and the origins of the DHC business.
Watch Ari bring the lessons of Less Doing to some of Europe’s most famous cities including Barcelona, Munich, Amsterdam and Budapest for the 2015 European Growth Summit. Ari will be joined by fellow masters of entrepreneurship Steve Martin, Director of Influence at Work in the UK, and Verne Harnish, founder and CEO of Gazelles.
On June 18th, join Ari at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel in b-e-a-utiful Vancouver, B.C. as he takes the microphone for EO Vancouver. Enjoy this unique opportunity to watch Ari candidly discuss life as an Author, Speaker, Teacher and – most importantly – Achievement Architect.
Want to get access to the FREE Less Doing Ringtone? Click here to Tweet about our live event and get instant access to the ringtone created by our very own Fantastic Felix!
The Less Doing LIVE Event in NYC is less than six months away! The best minds in business and productivity are joining Ari in his hometown of New York City to share their tips, strategies and secrets for success. VisitLessDoingLive.com to learn more about this fantastic opportunity running from May 1st – 3rd.
Looking for an opportunity to see Ari speak live somewhere on the west coast?—Look no further! On April 29thand 30th, Ari will be featured at the Mastermind Talks event in Napa, California. To learn more about this opportunity to watch Ari “Optimize, Outsource and Automate” in wine country, click here.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 16:28 – Introduction of Dr. Isaac Jones of Designer Health Centers
- 16:53 – Dr. Jones is a high-performance health consultant
- 20:14 – Dr. Jones went to school in Canada before coming down to the US to get his doctorate
- 21:45 – Maximizing performance means real, tangible benefits
- 22:22 – Nutrition impacts the expression of the genome
- 24:00 – The future of healthcare is in behavioral health science
- 24:15 – Micronutrient deficiency is a real problem
- 25:50 – Most lab tests look downstream…Dr. Jones looks upstream
- 27:00 – Many of our most virulent diseases are diseases of lifestyle which means they are PREVENTABLE
- 27:18 – What most people don’t realize is that disease starts 10, 20, 30 years before ever being diagnosed
- 29:49 – If you really want to maximize performance you have to look upstream
- 30:40 – Dr. Jones ideal diet for high-performers
- 30:55 – Beta-oxidation
- 31:40 – Aim for a low-carb diet, enriched with healthy fats
- 34:30 – Working out on an empty stomach spikes your natural HGH levels
- 35:45 – Dr. Jones shares his 1st meal of the day
- 37:00 – Beef protein is hypoallergenic
- 38:04 – Dr. Jones supplements
- 39:35 – Vitamin C is not Vitamin C
- 41:05 – People are starting to overdose on Omega-3s
- 43:40 – DesignerHeathCenters.com or SuperHumanEntrepreneur.com
7 Key Points:
- Don’t be limited by geographical origins or location.
- If you maximize your performance, a better life will find you.
- Nutrition directly impacts the health and structure of your genome.
- Don’t address problems as they are presented; anticipate them before they arrive.
- Looking for a creative way to boost the effectiveness of your workout?—Try exercising on an empty stomach.
- Many of the killer diseases plaguing western society (heart disease, certain types of cancer, etc.) are fundamentally preventable.
- Eat well. Be well.
- German Wings – An article suggesting that pilots may commit suicide more often than reported
- Otto – Basically Siri but far more responsive and accurate, plus, it’s always listening
- Carte – Similar to Fetch except it’s a website you use yourself; unlike Fetch, this is not a concierge service
- Pitch Black in Real Life – A new substance that may allow humans to see in the dark
- Pack Lane – Next-level, customized packaging for branding
- We Are Becoming Flaky – Being a “flake” is a growing problem that’s tarnishing human relationships
- Questions to Change Problems – An article highlighting questions you can ask yourself to put your problems in perspective
- Overcoming Adversity – The 5 secrets to overcoming adversity