In Episode #187 Ari interviews Adam Gilbert of My Body Tutor, one of the best resources available for people looking to improve their health through a minimalist combination of diet, exercise, and accountability.
Hey Less Doing Podcast Listeners, we want to hear from YOU! Visit us on iTunes and leave a review or subscribe to the podcast if you’re not already a dedicated follower.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 14:54 – The Introduction of Adam Gilbert
- 15:10 – Adam’s background
- 16:13 – The dangers of food as a self-nurturing drug
- 16:34 – What My Body Tutor is
- 16:55 – My Body Tutor holds clients accountable for their progress
- 17:50 – Daily accountability is HUGE difference maker
- 18:09 – People can do amazing things when they know others are watching
- 18:50 – Adam’s general philosophy?—dispel the myth that there is a magic formula to fitness—it’s about eating, exercise, and consistency
- 19:25 – Why is consistency so hard?
- 19:30 – Most diet and exercise are not sustainable
- 20:30 – Most people just go on food diets—there needs to be psychological change
- 21:23 – There’s no accountability
- 21:50 – It’s not about never making mistakes—it’s about mitigating those mistakes
- 22:40 – When we understand why we’re eating, it’s easier to understand what we’re eating
- 23:29 – It’s easier to replace a behavior than it is to quit a behavior
- 25:00 – Ask yourself why when you’re eating
- 26:11 – Ari’s sugar addiction
- 27:18 – Exercise at My Body Tutor is individualized based on the client goals
- 27:33 – Exercise is the key to happiness and stress relief whereas diet is the key to weight loss
- 30:12 – Frequency of workouts depends on the client
- 30:52 – Adam’s Top 3 Tips to be More Effective:
- 31:15 – Identify your 3 to 5 critical “balls”
- 31:50 – Write down everything
- 32:09 – If it can be done in less than two minutes, get it done right away
- 32:47 – http://www.MyBodyTutor.com
5 Key Points:
- If your diet isn’t sustainable, it won’t work.
- Dietary mistakes and fitness lapses are OK—just so long as they are few and far between.
- Understand why you’re eating if you want to understand what you’re eating.
- If not now, then when?
- It’s easier to replace a behavior than it is to quit a behavior.
- The Less Doing WODcast – A FULLY AUTOMATED daily workout routine brought to you for FREE by Dave Rael and Ari
- Call 1-844-i-do-less – Toll-Free number, Press “0” to speak with a Less Doing Certified Coach
- Text DOLESS – Text DOLESS to 33733
- rettyInstant.com – On-Demand Photography
- Slack Digest – A daily digest of the most important conversations in your channels
- Kono.ai – An AI mobile scheduler that uses metrics to tell you the best time and location for the event
- Get Duffel – Securely download gmail emails into PDFs with one click
- Screen Hero – A new screen sharing and collaboration tool that allows MULTIPLE mouse cursors at the same time
- Circadian Rhythm – Bicycle mechanism of potassium and sodium that controls sleep/wake cycles
- Jetme.Aero – The priceline.com of private air travel
- Apple Watch Waterproof Case – From Catalyst, a waterproof case for the apple watch
- Are You Strong Enough to Save Your Own Life? – From the Art of Manliness…pretty self-explanatory…
- Famebit – Get a Social Media start to endorse your products or services