Summary: In Episode #189 Ari interviews Daniel Vitalis of SurThrival, a company that specializes in blending and supplying quality natural supplements for an increasingly unnatural world. Listen as Ari and Daniel talk Elk Antler Spray, Pine Pollen, and hardcore nutritional history.
Hey Less Doing Podcast Listeners, we want to hear from YOU! Visit us on iTunes and leave a review or subscribe to the podcast if you’re not already a dedicated follower.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 0:43- Introduction of JustWorks and Isaac Oats
o 0:49- Just works helps small/medium business become compliant with payroll benefits
o 1:08- Entrepreneurs spend too much time filling out paper work
- 28:15- Introduction: Daniel Vitalis the founder of SurThrival
- 27:41- Daniel has been obsessed with the ancient past since childhood
- 28:07- What would you do without influence from others?
- 28:43- The term ‘Rewilding’ was coined by Daniel and has since been made into an extensive product line
o 29:06- Rewilding suggest that the domestic destruction we have created as a culture is reversible
o 29:38- We often fight our wild side—we must realign ourselves with our human biology
- 30:16- The four elements, earth, water, air, and fire represent our interaction with the community of life on this planet
- 30:38- The Office removes all four natural elements from our environment with processing
o 31:27- This isolated indoor environment does not foster life
- 31:55- Humans need to reincorporate natural things into life like healthy foods from farms and natural sunlight, air, water
- 32:29- We often get in our own way and prevent reconnection with nature
- 33:37- Is there a balance between urban and natural life?
- 34:04- Find what works for you
o 34:56- Often people are too connected to their office environment and forget to reconnect with the natural environment we came from
- 35:36- Elk Antler Velvet supplement
o 36:10- Everything at SurThrival is a crude food (unprocessed)
o 36:53- Buck antlers grow at 2 inches per day, they eventually fall of an regrow year after year
o 37:34- The rapid grown of antlers requires a lot of strong minerals and vitamins
o 38:31- Elk Antler Velvet is administered through a dropper and puts about 24 different growth factors into the body
- 42:04- Pine Pollen supplement
o 42:13- During pollen season, pine trees drop their sperm which is identical to testosterone in the human body
o 43:10- This type of testosterone is good for humans because it is a whole food
o 44:03- Pine Pollen is great for older men and women
- 45:13- Daniel tries to emulate natural people when creating his diet
o 45:23- The healthiest diet ever is the hunter-gatherer diet
o 45:29- Modern diets are based on agriculture and are often lower in nutrition
o 47:14- A low calorie, high nutrient diet lengthens lifespans
- 49:39- Intermittent fasting?
o 49:51- It is naturally good to feel some feast and famine
o 51:04- Domestication creates an environment where nothing changes, but really we should live cyclically where everything changes all the time
- 54:20- Daniel’s Top 3 Tips to be More Effective:
o 54:26- You have instincts that deserve to be listened to
o 55:09- Constantly adapt
o 55:52- Don’t become ultra-effective only to lose your health later in life
3 Key Points:
- Adapt or die—seriously.
- Don’t limit or restrict your inner-wilderness just because society has become overly-domesticated.
- If you’ve never had an opportunity to try a hunter-gather diet—try it.
- The Less Doing WODcast – A FULLY AUTOMATED daily workout routine brought to you for FREE by Dave Rael and Ari
- Call 1-844-i-do-less – Toll-Free number, Press “0” to speak with a Less Doing Certified Coach
- Text DOLESS – Text DOLESS to 33733
- Popily – Visually organizes data like population growth or heritage trees in an easily digestible format
- Join Whim – An AI matchmaker designed to help people find dates at convenient times and locations
- MeetnGreetMe – Provides local personal assistants anywhere around the world
- Instavet – On-demand veterinarian services
- Zirks – A new parking app designed to help people enjoy car ownership IN urban environments
- Swipe to Meet – Invite people on dates with similar schedules
- Raw Spice Bar – Freshly ground spice kits for only $6 USD a month
- Humandx – Allows users to submit symptoms to doctors and demand and get an approximate diagnosis from a real-life physician
- Hook – Provides free email copy feedback
- True Reach – Mental wellness on the go—a cognitive behavioral therapy app
- Break Your iPhone? – From Peach Labs, an app designed to automatically help users in the event they break their phones