In Episode #191 Ari interviews Mark Podolsky of The Land Geek, a company that’s founded on land flipping and the development of passive income. Tune in to hear Mark and Ari talk secrets to success and why all your entrepreneurial attention should be on moving the needle.
This week’s episode of the Less Doing Podcast is brought to you by JustWorks, an innovative company striving to make payroll, benefits, and compliance management a seamless and stress-free process.
Hey Less Doing Podcast Listeners, we want to hear from YOU! Visit us on iTunes and leave a review or subscribe to the podcast if you’re not already a dedicated follower.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:35 – Introduction of JustWorks and Isaac Oats
- 00:55 – Nuts and bolts are the hardest part of HR for small companies
- 02:45 – Ari muses on Daylight Savings Time
- 33:56 – Introduction of Mark Podolsky of The Land Geek
- 34:11 – Mark Podolsky’s background
- 36:21 – The process of identifying properties
- 38:00 – Now Mark teaches Land Flipping
- 40:05 – Automation has become integral to Mark’s success
- 40:32 – The automation of the offer sending process is the keystone to Mark’s success
- 41:12 – Click to Mail
- 42:29 – Mark’s vetting process doubles as his marketing process
- 42:54 – Don’t worry about “generating traffic” just go to where the buyers are
- 43:58 – The Death of Money
- 44:50 -- $6000 for a property and flipping it for $55K
- 46:37 – The course creation process
- 47:53 – Mark’s Top 3 Tips to be More Effective
- 48:05 – Take imperfect action
- 48:42 – Don’t recreate the wheel—respect your time
- 49:11 – Be aware of everything you do—have your numbers DOWN
- 49:30 – “Playing Business” doesn’t move the needle—focus on what does
- 50:08 – http://www.TheLandGeek.com
5 Key Points:
- Don’t waste your time on things that don’t move the needle.
- Respect your time.
- Niche markets can be a highly lucrative (and easy) way to make money.
- Don’t worry about traffic, just take yourself to where the buyers are.
- KNOW YOUR NUMBERS.
- The Less Doing WODcast – A FULLY AUTOMATED daily workout routine brought to you for FREE by Dave Rael and Ari
- Call 1-844-i-do-less – Toll-Free number, Press “0” to speak with a Less Doing Certified Coach
- Text DOLESS – Text DOLESS to 33733
- iflscience – From Sleep Researcher Paul Kelly, an article explaining why the day shouldn’t start until 10AM
- Ivee – Talk to your home with a voice integrated assistant
- Kimerakoffee – Coffee infused the high-quality nootropics
- Power of Empathy – The 3 ways empathy can improve your life
- Homey App – Assign chores with snapshots
- SVET – Smart lightbulbs that improve your life
- Anti-Vaccine Group Hurts Itself – An Anti-Vaccine group funded an objective study that showed no correlation exists between autism and vaccines
- The Fountain of Youth – 116 Year old woman eats bacon every day
- Fun Fungi – A fungi that brings the thunder in the bedroom
- The World’s Sexiest Antidepressant? – Apparently it’s semen
- Task Pipes – Automate data extraction and data processing
- CryoChoice – Banking sperm has never been easier
- Ask Pam – Helps travelers focus on top rated concierges while the vacation
- Kidslox – Parental controls for tablets and mobile devices
- How to Never Get Angry –Venting anger actually intensifies emotions and other interesting facts
- Tiny Calm – A new mediation app
- Hey Scale – An operational efficiency tool for slack
- 17 Most Dangerous Foods – An infographic highlighting the 17 most dangerous foods in the world
- CoPatient – Medical bill reviewing
- Less Play Equals More Sensory Issues – From the Washington Post, an article demonstrating the importance of play in preschoolers
- AptDeco – New and used furniture
- Nathan Latka – The formula for starting a successful podcast