In Episode #194 Ari interviews Mick Vardy of The Productivityist. Listen as Ari and Mick talk about the value the productive space, and how developing a personal methodology for productivity can help individuals harness tools instead of letting productivity tools control them.
Hey Less Doing Podcast Listeners, we want to hear from YOU! Visit us on iTunes and leave a review or subscribe to the podcast if you’re not already a dedicated follower.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:01 – Introduction to today’s show with Mick Vardy
- 02:30 – Links
- 12:02 – Less Doing Boot Camp
- 13:43 – Speaking with Mick Vardy
- 14:02 – Mick’s background in productivity education
- 15:37 – First steps in becoming more productive
- 17:34 – GTD Principals
- 19:53 – The people of GTD
- 20:54 – Being productive vs. doing productive
- 21:47 – The approach is more important than the app or tool. “Men can become the tools of their tools”
- 23:14 – What aspects of productivity planning work well
- 24:33 – Put personal back in productivity
- 25:51 – Sanebox and other email organizers
- 27:04 – Unroll Me
- 27:52 – Productivity maintenance vs. growth
- 28:41 – Mick’s daily routines
- 31:21 – Daily themes
- 31:53 – Advice to be more productive
- 31:55- Have a simple morning and evening routine
- 32:15 – Write journal entries
- 32:34 – Work by mode
3 Key Points:
- There is a psychology to productivity—without the psychology, it can’t work.
- Don’t let your tools take you over.
- Develop a routine and stick to it—the benefits will be massive.
- Pavlok Wristband – Pavlok Wristband’s safe electronic stimulus helps relieve users of bad habits like smoking, overeating, and more.
- Tap Slash – Slash is a free keyboard for iPhone & iPad that makes it easy to share anything, without switching apps. Just tap "/" to unlock Places, GIFs, Music, Stickers, Videos, and much more.
- Instant App – Instant tracks all your daily activities automatically so that you will be able to notice how you spend time on your smartphone.
- Easy Swag – Easy Swag is powered by Large, a free office admin in Slack that gets your team anything hassle free.
- Synkio Music Library – Use Synkio’s to access music professionals who will manage your music and licensing needs.
- Startup Threads – StartupThreads is the easiest way to automatically send custom shirts and apparel to your loyal customers and fans, without having to hold inventory in your office.
- GTD – ‘Getting Things Done’ is a productivity methodology.
- Sanebox – SaneBox works on top of your email account. It prioritizes important emails and summarizes the rest.
- Unroll Me – Unroll Me allows you to unsubscribe from subscriptions or combine your favorite subscriptions into one email.
- 194MikeVardyOfProductivistInterview">Evernote – vernote keeps all your writing in one place, from notes to lengthy research.
- The Productivityist – Mick’s productivity business that provides productivity coaching, events, and podcasts.
- Call 1-844-i-do-less – Toll-Free number, Press “0” to speak with a Less Doing Certified Coach
- Text DOLESS – Text DOLESS to 33733