In Episode #195 Ari interviews Marco Altini of HRV4Training—an app designed to help people get in great shape with HRV training. Listen as Ari and JV talk about the value of HRV, how the HRV4Training app works, and how Marco got into app development.
Hey Less Doing Podcast Listeners, we want to hear from YOU! Visit us on iTunes and leave a review or subscribe to the podcast if you’re not already a dedicated follower.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 27:07 – Introduction of Marco Altini
- 27:35 – HRV measurements via smartphone cameras
- 27:45 – Marco’s background
- 28:40 – Think of solutions that employ your knowledge
- 29:20 – Stress can greatly compromise Heart Rate Variability
- 29:49 – By directing light at the finger, the light reflected back into the camera can determine blood flood, heart rate, etc.
- 30:18 – Why people need to care about HRV?—it’s a strong marker of parasympathetic activity
- 31:42 – The versatility of knowing your HRV
- 33:03 – Determining the accuracy disparity between the camera-reader and a more traditional chest-reader (ECG)
- 35:30 – The advantage of simple HRV tests
- 37:40 – All ways do the HRV test at the same time, in the same position for consistency
- 38:00 – Don’t do anything (even read your email) that might impact your physiology before taking a baseline test
3 Key Points:
- Think of solutions that are rooted in that which you already know—it will help you save time and be more efficient.
- Stress might be the single greatest influencer of Heart Rate Variability.
- HRV is a wonderful marker for measuring overall health.
- The #1 Mistake Parents Make When Arguing – From Barking up the Wrong Tree
- Using Food as Medicine – An article explaining how you can become legally allowed to prescribe food as medicine
- Spark – Inspiration on your phone and wrist
- Elegantt – A new plugin for Trello
- Studies.Show – Want to know what studies show?—this is your site
- Press Record – A simple new app designed to let you sync your audio recording across disparate devices
- How Productive People Start the Day – From Greatest
- Howdy.ai – For Slack users, a bot build to make you more effective
- Amino – Find doctors to perfectly match your needs
- Neutun – Seizure tracking made easy
- Neighborhoods NYC – The official website on NYC’s diverse neighborhoods
- Chocomize – Personalized chocolate gifts
- Sane Connect – Turn every employee into a sales person
- Starling – A tracking system designed to help children
- Foodstirs – Creative baking care packages
- Autoimmune Flare Ups – How certain autoimmune diseases might actually be triggered by dietary fats
- Crohn’s and Colitis Week – December 1st through the 7th
- Call 1-844-i-do-less – Toll-Free number, Press “0” to speak with a Less Doing Certified Coach
- Text DOLESS – Text DOLESS to 33733