In Episode #201 Ari shares the Less Doing Podcast with Max More of Alcor, a company that will put you into cold-storage—literally—through cryogenic freezing. Listen as Ari and Max talk about the scientific and philosophical challenges of cryogenics, as well as how Alcor operates as a truly “long-term” business.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 11:06 – Introduction of Max More of Alcor
- 11:19 – What Alcor does
- 12:40 – The process for preservation
- 12:54 – The two main parts of the Cryonic procedure—freezing and reanimation
- 13:42 – There is evidence that the brain is being preserved under reasonable conditions
- 14:01 – Electron microscopes used to analyze the health of frozen animal brains
- 14:29 – Medical grade anti-freeze
- 14:38 – Ice Crystals damage cells but do not destroy them
- 15:36 – Eventually, we will have a cure for aging…it’s not a question of IF but WHEN
- 16:52 – There are two different ways to cryo-freeze someone—the head or the whole body.
- 17:28 – If you want to survive and come back, most of the essentials are contained within the brain
- 18:35 – The gut-brain connection and Cryo-Freezing
- 19:30 – Creating the custom body
- 19:55 – Why have a brain?—Why not download the brain onto a thumb drive
- 21:14 – The business side of Alcor—they’re operating on a 100+ year timeline
- 22:01 – Already 43 years old and is a registered 501c(3)
- 22:22 – Given a long-enough timeline, things WILL go wrong
- 22:40 – There is no electricity for Alcor’s cold storage, they just need fresh liquid nitrogen
- 23:51 – Max’s Top 3 Tips to be More Effective
- 24:07 – Maintain a good diet
- 24:34 – Practice regular exercise
- 25:02 – Keep stress to an absolute minimum—learn how to relax
- 25:45 – http://www.alcor.org
5 Key Points:
- Eventually—your body will quit on you, no matter the treatment—cryogenics is the only “live-forever” option we currently have.
- Good Diet + Regular Exercise – Stress = A long, Happy Life.
- Freezing is the easy part of cryogenics—it’s reanimation that’s proving exceedingly difficult.
- Are you your body, or just your brain?—it’s a highly challenging philosophical question.
- The way biotechnology is progressing, there will undoubtedly be cures for aging in the future.
- How to Eat Healthy – Article from Barking Up the Wrong Tree featuring strategies to help people make better dietary decisions
- Good Doctors Bad for Health? – Why having an excellent healthcare professional might be counter productive
- 16 Excel Formulas to Change Your Life – Excel formulas that will change your life for the better
- Teleport – Bring your friends and family to you
- Evernote for Creativity – 9 ways you can use Evernote to boost your creativity
- Hire Peter – AI based legal services
- Skulpt – Measure Body Fat and Muscle Quality
- Virtual Interview Platform – Built to test talented coders
- Retracted Papers – A publishing of some oft-cited sources that have since been retracted
- Better Time Management – From Barking Up the Wrong Tree, 5 secrets to better time management
- Call 1-844-i-do-less – Toll-Free number, Press “0” to speak with a Less Doing Certified Coach
- Text DOLESS – Text DOLESS to 33733
Hey Less Doing Podcast Listeners, we want to hear from YOU! Visit us on iTunes and leave a review or subscribe to the podcast if you’re not already a dedicated follower.