In Episode #205 Ari welcomes Geoff Woods, host of The Mentee Podcast. Listen as Geoff shares how he transitioned from employee to entrepreneur in just ten months, and his advice for improving personal efficiency and effectiveness.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 13:56 – Introduction of Geoff Woods
- 14:11 – What Geoff does and what he’s been doing
- 14:59 – You’re the average of the 5 people you spend most of your time with
- 15:05 – The world is chalk-full of amazing people, but if they’re not living the life you want to live, they shouldn’t be giving you advice on how to get where you want to go
- 15:40 – Geoff talks about his media company and repurposing of content
- 17:15 – Still developing that systematic approach
- 18:05 – The first hire
- 18:38 – Identifying mentors that can be impactful
- 18:45 – Commit to yourself, your goals, and the changes necessary to get where you want to be
- 19:01 – Getting clear on where you need the most help is vital
- 19:35 – Ask yourself, who would my ideal personal guide/mentor be?
- 20:15 – Drawing inspiration from Jeff Hoffman founder of priceline.com
- 20:55 – “Return the favor” and mentor someone else
- 21:10 – The mentor gets more from the mentor-mentee relationship
- 21:45 – Coming for mentorship
- 22:10 – Expressing interest in the person you’d like to mentor or be mentored by
- 23:33 – Get in to the habit of taking action consistently
- 24:00 – Top 3 Tips to be More Effective:
- Plan with structure and priority
- Surrounding yourself with the right people all the time
- Make time for meaningful thought and meditation
- 26:45 – mentors.com
3 Key Points:
- You’re the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with.
- Commit to making a change and hold yourself accountable.
- Consistent action is the only way to facilitate success.
- Alert – The best way to get important emails
- Productivity Magic Hour – They key time for productivity
- TrueBill – The easiest way to cancel paid subscriptions
- Entro – The Holy Grail of email introductions
- Drift Daily – The easiest way to generate new leads
- All Set – The easiest way to get lunch done
- Negative Food? – Does bad food compel us to eat more of it?
- Try Tara – your LIVE on-demand team
- SeedFeed – Crowdfunded real estate deals
Hey Less Doing Podcast Listeners, we want to hear from YOU! Visit us on iTunes and leave a review or subscribe to the podcast if you’re not already a dedicated follower.