In Episode #212 Ari welcomes Jason Wachob, the founder of Mind Body Green, and the author of a new book called Wellth. Jason’s an ex-trader and entrepreneur whose practice of yoga sparked his passion for wellness. Listen as Jason and Ari talk about how to maintain health and happiness in your life.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 33:45 – Welcoming Jason to the show
- 34:10 – Mind Body Green - a health and wellness site
- 34:40 – Jason left his job as a trader to become an entrepreneur
- 35:25 – Became very unwell running his startup: started practising yoga
- 37:10 – Sparked an interest in wellness
- 38:00 – Led to the launch of Mind Body Green
- 38:30 – A literary agent contacted Jason about a book
- 40:20 – He wrote every time he flew and slowly built up enough words
- 41:40 – What’s in Wellth?
- 42:30 – Wanting to refocus people on health and happiness
- 43:50 – Health and nutrition is incredibly important
- 44:20 – There’s no one-size-fits-all health solution for everyone
- 45:30 – Rigidity isn’t sustainable
- 46:40 – In this culture people want to be told what to do - it doesn’t work
- 47:50 – It’s important to ground yourself in the natural world
- 50:00 – We think about soulmates all wrong
- 55:00 – A soulmate is never going to complete you - just make you a little better
- 56:30– Top 3 Tips to be More Effective:
- Listen to your intuition. Your gut will never fail you.
- Find some kind of stress reduction practice that works for you.
- Prioritise the things you’re passionate about
- Wellness is holistic. Mind, body, relationships, nutrition and the environment are all connected to each other.
- Follow your passion. It will make your happier than doing anything else.
- There’s no one-size-fits-all approach to having a healthy life. Commit to finding what makes you well and happy.
- com - A new virtual credit card for every site you sign up for
- Craft the Perfect Productivity Playlist
- Calvin - App to make scheduling your social life a cinch
- coffee - Custom ground and roasted coffee
- Boom - The fastest aeroplane ever
- Slack API - A conversational Slack bot
- iOS Night Shift - A slightly less jarring nighttime screen
- How Often Do You Need To Shower? - Against daily showering
- The Secrets of Being Productive - Analysing the self-help genre
Text DOLESS to 33733 to sign up for the Less Doing Newsletter